In the kitchen, it’s ideal to do a lot of things at once. Sometimes you don’t have the time, the patience or the will power to wait until food is ready. I like this meal because I can cook them both in the oven (no need to watch over too much), and it’s ready in a bit.
This recipe was inspired by Top Chef: Season 1, Episode 1.
Yield: Serves 2
**Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo
- 1 butternut squash, chopped (I used packaged for easy handling)
- 2 Tilapia filets
- Olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- chopped cilantro (1 tablespoon)
- Sprayed baking Sheet, or covered with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Spices: salt, pepper, paprika
Optional: Mix around with the spices to change up the taste.
Optional: Squeeze of lime
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
3) Bake for 35 minutes, turning squash and tilapia over halfway in between.
4) Sauté onions and garlic over medium heat until slightly translucent. Add in butternut squash and sauté for a few more minutes.
4) Transfer the squash/onions mixture to a high speed blender. Add water or vegetable broth a little at a time to achieve the consistency you want.