These are such an quick and easy way to get in more veggies. I can not stress how easy these are to make. Although I don’t like the taste of raw cauliflower, I absolutely love all of the “warm” variations of the vegetable. Anything from cauliflower rice, cauliflower-crust pizza, cauliflower mac n’ cheese…and now these roasted poppers are the next addition to the list. They are warm, salty, and crispy, and will satisfy any french fry craving. During the summertime, these are great to serve to guests as warm appetizers, or a way to sneak vegetables into the most pickiest of eaters.
Yield: 70 poppers (~20 “handful” servings)
Note: Pictured above is HALF of the recipe (so 1 head of cauliflower)
**Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Paleo
- 2 heads cauliflower
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Baking Sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
Optional: To make these “cheesy”, sprinkle nutritional yeast (which will surprisingly give a very cheesy flavor) or parmesan cheese! For an extra flavor kick, add curry powder.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees (oven times may vary)
- Mix the olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Wash and clean the cauliflower. Cut off the stems and cut/peel the cauliflower into smaller pieces. Try to avoid or discard very tiny “crumb” pieces, as they tend to burn while cooking.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Bake for 60 min (yes, one hour!), opening oven to turn/flip the pieces around 3 times while baking.
- Serve warm!
Have you tried any variations of this?
Any interesting spices or add-ons? Let me know!
This work by Eat Nutritiously is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.