As one of the most classic desserts, banana bread appeals to almost anyone. This recipe can be modified for your particular audience as either a traditional bread to have at home, a decorative bundt cake to bring to a party, or muffins for an on-the-go treat. This easy recipe comes out very moist and stays moist, mainly because of its higher fruit content. Enjoy!
Yield 13 servings
**Low fat and vegetarian
130 calories per slice with nuts.
- 1 muffin pan, bundt cake pan, or bread pan, greased or buttered
- 2/3 cup oat flour or whole wheat flour
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large egg whites
- 3-4 mashed bananas (the more ripe the better!)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Optional add ins: 3/4 cup Chopped Walnuts or Chocolate Chips (or both!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add eggs, mashed bananas, apple sauce, and vanilla. Beat until thick
- Mix together with flour mixture. Add in optional walnuts or chocolate chips.Note: DO NOT OVER MIX. The more you mix, the less moist the bread comes out to be.
- Pour into a bread pan of your choice (8x5inch).
- Bake for 50min (Note: Oven times may vary). Let cool, remove, and enjoy!