Full of greens, onions, eggs, yogurt and cheese, this comfort food dish can accompany any meal. You can make it as a large tart for family events, or fill it in muffin tins to create mini tarts. (perfect for parties or storing for a mid-day protein-filled snack).
Yield 10-12 servings
- muffin pan and/or pie dish, greased or buttered
- 1 large bunch of fresh spinach, chopped (or 10 oz of frozen spinach, thawed and liquid squeezed out)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup low-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/3 cup fat free milk
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- Spices as desired
- 3 cups oat flour (or whole grain flour, almond flour, etc.)
- 7 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Create pie crust and press it in pie dish and/or muffin cups.Tip: Works best with if crust is pressed thin
- Sauté chopped spinach and onion in olive oil until onions become translucent. Take off heat.
- In a separate bowl, mix remaining ingredients and add spinach/onions.
- Pour mixture into pie dish or in the muffin cups.
- Bake for 30-35min (Note: Oven times may vary). Let stand for 5min and then enjoy!
Note: You can keep the pie in the fridge for up to a week and reheat slices for 10min in a 350 degree oven.